Saturday, January 28, 2006

Culture and Warflicks

I heard an interview with Walter Murch, the editor on Apocalypse Now, about revisiting that film as "The village attack scene" otherwise known as the "Ride of the Valkyries" scene as it was incorporated into the recent film Jarhead. When Apocalypse Now" was made it was thought to be an anti war because of "The horror...the horror". In the movie (and the book) Jarhead the troops get riled up by watching Apocalypse Now and huming along to the Ride of the Valkyries.

Recently I got the soundtrack to Jarhead, on the recomendation of a friend. I was looking around the net for more information about the sound track when I came accross this enigamtic comment on a review page of CD Universe.
Looking for something more
It had some of the main titles on there, but not all of the songs that I was expecting were on the CD.
Submitted by megamp in Kandahar, Afghanistan

No comments: